I’ll be back later tonight with my usual blog post for the day. In the meantime, I wanted to tell you about some changes for our Priority Registration for 2013. I know it seems like a long way away and no pressure if you don’t want to think about this now. We have had a lot of requests for our 2013 dates and rates so we thought we should make sure we communicated these to everyone at once, with our registration process as well.
We will continue a long Alpine tradition of allowing boys to “Early Bird enroll” the day before camp closes, indicating they would like to return next summer. As always this will be an indication to us and to you that they have had a blast at camp, and not binding. They will receive the 2013 Early Bird T-shirt! You will make the final decision through Priority Registration. This year we have made a few changes to Priority Registration, for your convenience:
- We will have a registrar’s table in the big room of the Lodge (where you dropped off your medicine on Opening Day). You may register for 2013 in the Lodge if this is more convenient for you and your family. We know that some families will choose to enjoy their few hours on the Mountain out in camp visiting with campers, counselors and us and we think that is great! It is not required that you visit the registrar’s table while you are here in order to reserve your spot 2013. Our goal in adding this option is simply to add convenience. In the past a number of parents have asked to Priority register for next summer while they were at camp. Now you can! This way you don’t have to worry with mailing something to us in the fall!
- Parents who choose not to visit the registrar’s table while you are here (or if your son is leaving on a bus) will receive an email on Closing Day with a link for Priority Registration to our 2013 Application. Simply complete this application and choose your deposit method and you will have reserved your son’s spot.
- Priority registration for 2013 will remain open for our 2012 families until September 1. We will be accepting new camper applications during this time and placing them in a waiting pool until September 1, to allow parents from all three sessions in 2012 ample time to reserve a place in any of our three sessions for 2013. After September 1 we will begin enrolling new applicants in the order in which they were received.
Our goal for priority registration is to recognize how much we value our 2012 camp families and give you first preference on 2013 spots, in any of our three terms. We do encourage you to take advantage of our Priority registration as we have had strong interest from new camp families and already have a number of new applications.
We are including our 2013 dates below, along with our rates and cancellation policies. These also appear on the application and on the website under “Dates and Rates”. Your registration deposit is fully refundable less a $100 processing fee through February 1, 2013, (a month later than in past years) should your summer plans change.
2013 Dates and Rates
- First Term: Saturday, June 1, 2013 – Wednesday, June 26, 2013 – $4,500.00
- Second Term: Saturday, June 29, 2013 – Wednesday, July 24, 2013 – $4,500.00
- Junior Camp: Saturday, July 27, 2013 – Tuesday, August 6, 2013 – $2,500.00
Payment Schedule and Cancellation Policy
- $600 due with application; refundable through February 1, 2013, (less a $100 processing fee)
- An additional $600 due February 1, 2013; refundable through May 1, 2013
- Remaining full balance due May 1, 2013
- No refunds on cancellations received after May 1, 2013
- There is no refund for late arrivals or early departures